People seeking the quietest generators nowadays. The power outage is a common issue in many parts of the United States, thanks to outdated grids, lack of maintenance, upgradations. You might be aware of the usefulness of portable generators that produce minimum noise. Maybe you have generators that produce noise and disturb the environment, either used in the home, RV, or any camping locations. Our first recommended best quiet portable generator only makes the noise of 48db on ¼ load, and 53db on surge
Yes, it’s time to upgrade to the quietest model that does not bother you when you are resting at home, enjoying a part at home, or visiting your favorite location off the grid, and even when you are on a trip in your RV with family and friends.
I recommend inverters which are super quiet, electric fuel injection make then efficient and they produce power quietly. The generators that you can see in our below list are powerful enough to run multiple appliances. They are lightweight you can lift them from the handle or comes with wheels and handles.
Amazingly, you cannot hear these generators’ sound when you are standing 50 to 100 feet away from these generators, and it’s the most attractive thing that many real buyers share with us.
What Makes a Generator Quite?
Buying an ultra quiet generator is not easy, practically it requires testing all the models and evaluate each generator on the basis of all under-listed aspects:
- Inverter Technology
- 4 Stroke Engine
- Silencer Muffler
- High-Quality Fuel
For you it will take time, investment and efforts to find a right quietest, to save your time and investment you can consider my review. I advise you to read complete review before making your decision.
1. Honda EU2200i Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator
- Noise Level: 53db Maximum, 48 dB at 1/4 load
- Power Output: Running 1800, Surge 2200 watt
- Engine: Honda GXR121cc
- Start system: Manual Recoil
- Control Panel: Simple but intelligent
- Safety Features: Protected by Oil Alert®, Fuel shutoff (“Fuel Off” position)
- Fuel Tank Size and Runtime: 0.95 Gallons, Runs 4.0 to 9.6 hours depends on the load, 8.1 Hours at 1/4 load, 3.1 hours at 100% load.
- Weight and Warranty: 40 Pounds, 3 Years
- Fuel Consumption per hour:
- Dimensions : (L x W x H) 20.0″ x 11.4″ x 16.7″
Honda worked to improve the manual recoil system instead of introducing a push start in this model. A 10 years kid can start this engine as it requires less arm strength, thanks to its mechanical decompressor, a contributor to this portable generator’s starting engine.
It might look traditional to you like your old generation generator, but you need to know that Honda designed it as a user-friendly generator that is easy to carry and a quiet one. Its design makes maintenance easy.
Built-in engine protection engine while shutting it off on low fuel, even if when I forget the engine will not be damaged. Its safety features also add a circuit breaker that turns it off when overloading happens and when the load becomes unstable.
This lightweight design can power up your appliances for 8.1 hours on its quarter load. Its parallel capacity feature makes it possible to add another Honda generator to enhance the capacity. Amazingly Honda also worked on the stator/rotor to prevent overheating. You can regularly use this model on a food truck, at your business, home, or at any remote location where electricity is not available.
Inverter generators are not cheap, especially when it comes to top manufacturers. How they engineered mattered a lot, like the precision of parts increases the cost. I recommend inverters most because they are more reliable, trustworthy, and durable.
I am a big fan of the Honda EU2200i; it’s a compact package, lightweight, and super quiet. It can operate a wide variety of appliances, such as microwaves, refrigerators, hairdryers, small AC units, and much more. Ideal for all activities which require quiet operations.
Large oil filler opening, longer spout, and larger oil drain gutter make for easier and cleaner oil changes.
2. WEN 56203i Super Quiet 2000-Watt Portable Inverter Generator
- Noise Level: Noise Level 51 dB @ 25% load
- Power Output: Wattage: 2000 Starting / 1600 Running Watts
- Engine: 79.7 cc 4-stroke OHV
- Start system: Manual recoil
- Control Panel: Simple but intelligent
- Safety Features: Fuel Shutoff Feature
- Fuel Tank Size and Runtime: 1 gal, Run Time: 6h @ 50% load, 4 hours in full capacity
- Weight and Warranty: 48 lbs, 2-year warranty
- Fuel Consumption per hour: 0.25 gal in full capacity.
- Dimensions : 18″ x 11″ x 18″
Are you looking for a quiet generator that can connect your USB devices? If yes, then WEN 56200i featuring eco-mod is made for you. It’s small in size, lightweight, and extremely portable, that you can use it wherever you need to run your devices.
This quietest intelligent solution adjusts the fuel level to the best optimal level with its eco-mod that, in the end, lowers the fuel consumption. It can sense when the devices are connected and when unplugged.
The generator comes with a 4 stroke 79.7 cc engine that is extremely quiet. You can expect 55 dB sound at 75% load capacity. This feature makes it ideal for outdoor use, especially for camping and hunting where you cannot afford noise.
The generator is also EPA III and CARB compliant, which produces clean, environment-friendly energy.
At a very reasonable price, you will get a big brand inverter generator equipped with high-tech features reliable and made to serve for years. You may think that it’s created for recreational purposes, but it’s more than that.
During my review, I found that it produces very low THD (total harmonic distortion). Thus it is safe to connect most sophisticated and sensitive devices. It’s 0.3% when there is no load and to less than 1.2% while running at full capacity. I charge my smart devices for several hours, and this experience was quite safe.
Its sound is quieter than the sound of two human being’s communication, so when you are taking rest in your camp, its noise will not bother you. It weighs more than our first recommendation, but still, it’s a reasonable choice at a reasonable price.
It can be easily carried in the back of the family car, or along with a fashionable suitcase.
3. Yamaha EF2000iSv2 Gas Powered Portable Inverter
- Noise Level: 51.5 dBA at 1/4 load
- Power Output: 1600 watt rated AC output, 2000 watt maximum AC output
- Engine: 79cc original Yamaha OHV air-cooled, single-cylinder, 4-stroke
- Start system: Manual Recoil
- Control Panel: Completely New Controller w/ Advanced Programming
- Safety Features: Auto Shutoff for Low Oil
- Fuel Tank Size and Runtime: 1.1 gallons, 10.5 hours at 25% load, 8 Hours at 50% load
- Weight and Warranty: 56 lbs, 3 Years
- Fuel Consumption per hour: 0.25 gal Approx., at full capacity
- Dimensions : 19.3” x 11.0” x 17.9”
When it comes to the quietest portable generator Yamaha, Honda and WEN are going neck to neck. Yamaha is a trusted manufacturer, competing in quite portable generators category with its flagship model EF2000iSv2. It is an updated version of EF2000, which proves its durability in the market.
Its cool and retro look is impressive, while on the specs side, it holds more features than any other competitor. It comes with a spark plug tool and one 12V battery charging cord.
Its PWM control (Pulse Width Modulation) makes it safe for sensitive electronics. It produces clean power so you can connect your smart and sensitive devices without worrying. This carb-compliant EPA-approved generator is compact, lightweight, and ultra-quiet. It starts from 1600 watts and surges up to 2000 watts.
Equipped with a comfortable grip handle, which makes it easy to transport and easy to lift, it weighs only 44lbs, one of the lightest models in the 2000 watts category. It has enough capacity to power up all appliances; at a remote location, you can connect all of your devices like an infotainment system, smart device, portable refrigerator, fans, and lights.
I like its rounded edges design, informative control panel. I believe that these two features make it a top-rated generator in the portable category. Just like our first two recommendations, this one is also parallel capable, so you can take 2 of these when your load is greater than 2000 watts.
Its expected run time is quite long when I compare it with our first two recommendations. It can efficiently run up to 10.5 hours with a single tank at 25% load. So, if you are looking for a generator that you can leave running overnight, then it’s a right quiet portable generator for you.
Yamaha EF2000iSv2 will be disturbing in a public nature setting. It makes 61dB noise at its maximum capacity. When I compare it at runtime, it is a winner, while on the noise side, it makes nearly the same noise as WEN produce while Honda EU2200i produces less sound. When it comes to price WEN is an affordable choice. While the eco-function of Yamaha EF200iSv2 makes it a winner in the long run, it saves you on fuel cost.
On the cost of running side Yamaha is a clear winner.
4. Westinghouse WH2200iXLT Super Quiet Portable Inverter
- Noise Level: 52 dBA on 1/4 load
- Power Output: 1800 running & 2200 Peak Watts
- Engine: 79 cc OHV 4 Stroke
- Start system: Manual Recoil
- Control Panel: Simple with Manual Controls
- Safety Features: Low Oil Shutdown, Overload Indicator
- Fuel Tank Size and Runtime: 1.3 Gallons, 13 hours on 1/4 load
- Weight and Warranty: 43 Lbs, 3 Year Limited
- Fuel Consumption per hour: 0.38 Litter approx on 1/4 load
- Dimensions : 20L x 12.5W x 18H in
Westinghouse WH2200iXLT is a super quite inconspicuous portable 4 stroke inverter generator. Its 79 cc engine significantly produces less sound as compared with its traditional counterparts. You can expect not greater than 52dB when it’s running on ¼ load. It produces clean power with only 3% total harmonic distortion.
So, it’s a good choice to run sensitive electronics and smart devices. Westinghouse recently gets EPA and CARB compliant status for this generator. With ¼ load, it can run smoothly up to 13 hours, thanks to its large fuel capacity. You may chain two Westinghouse WH2200iXLT in case you need more power to run a piece of heavy-duty equipment.
At the same time, you can run Refrigerator or Freezer (Energy Star), Microwave Oven, Crock Pot / Slow, Cooker, TV / DVD Player, Mobile Phones, Computer / Laptop, Incandescent Lights, Radio / Stereo, Fan, Hair Dryer, Coffee Maker, and Garage Door Opener.
If make nearly the same sound WEN 56203i & Yamaha EF2000iSv2 make on ¼ load while Honda EU2200i is a little bit quieter. And when it comes to run time, it’s similar to Yamaha EF2000iSv2. USB support is a plus point that allows connecting smart devices directly.
When it comes to year-on-year running costs, Honda and Yamaha’s generators are quite less expensive as they need less maintenance. While the product in the spotlight is cheap compared to our recommended Honda and Yamaha Models but priced higher than the WEN 56203i, it’s not the cheapest option. At the same time, its total harmonic distortion is higher than our first 3 recommendations.
5. A-iPower SUA2000iV 2000 Watt Portable Inverter Generator Gas Powered
- Noise Level: 58dB (50% Load) / 68dB (75% Load) – 21 ft
- Power Output: 2000W Peak/ 1600W running watts
- Engine: 79cc Senci Engine (cast iron sleeves)
- Start system: Manual Recoil
- Control Panel: Newly Improved
- Safety Features: low oil alert light and low oil automatic shutdown
- Fuel Tank Size and Runtime: 1.1 gal. (4.2 L), 7 hrs. (50% load) / 4 hrs. (rated load)
- Weight and Warranty: 46 lbs, 2-year residential and commercial
- Fuel Consumption per hour: Aprox. 1 litter per hour at full load
- Dimensions : 21″ x 12.5″ x 19″
I am the biggest fan of low-cost products that do not add any significant load on the pocket. Buying low-cost products makes it’s possible to retire the existing one after a reasonable use and buy a new one.
A-iPower SUA2000iV 2000 Watt generator is the cheapest and affordable option on our list. If I compare it with my top-rated choices, then it cost nearly 65% less. So in case you are looking for an affordable option that you can use off and one, then it’s made for you.
When it comes to the noise level that it makes, you will be amazed to know that even it’s a cheap generator in this category, but it is quite one that will not bother you while you are resting or enjoying yourself with your friends.
In my view, it’s a quiet generator that everyone can afford. It comes with three years of warranty, and after three years of use, you may invest in a similar product.
But keep in mind if you run it for more than four hours, do not put more than 50% load as once it gets hot, it will stop working, and you need to wait to restart until it cools down, the only drawback that I notice.
6. Briggs & Stratton P2200 Power Smart Series Inverter Generator with Quiet Power Technology
- Noise Level: 58db at
- Power Output: 1700 Running / 2200 Peak Watts
- Engine: 111 cc OHV engine
- Start system: Manual Recoil
- Control Panel: Not smart Enough, Manual Configuration
- Safety Features: Low Oil Shutdown, Automatic Idle Control
- Fuel Tank Size and Runtime: Up to 8 hours at 25% load and 3.5 hours at full load
- Weight and Warranty: 55 lb. (25 kg), 24-Months Consumer
- Fuel Consumption per hour: 1.15 litters approx at full capacity
- Dimensions : 22.4 x 14.4 x 19.9 inches
Briggs & Stratton P2200 Power Smart Series Inverter Generator is our last recommendation that runs on fuel, it’s highly portable and quiet. But not quitter than our first three recommendations. When it comes to price, it is costly, from our cheapest recommendations and 35% cheap from our top offer.
I like it as an alternative, but it is not a good option when it comes to running cost. It consumes more fuel than Honda, Yamaha, and WEN. That makes it costly in the long run.
It is designed for the tailgaters and campers who run a generator for few hours. It is perfect for everyone who needs a power station, such a quiet one. You get clean power that means you can run your sensitive devices. Thanks to its inverter technology which is stable and produces only 3% total harmonic distortion. Even it is safe to charge DSLR cameras which are more sensitive than smartphones.
It comes with an H handle that makes lifting easy, so you can move your portable generator from place to place or take it out of your trunk.
Chargeable Ultra-Quite Alternatives to Portable Generators
These are portable solution which can be charged from a ordinary wall 120V wall outlet, other through any other power source like car 12V DC power outlet and may be through solar panels. These do not make even 1dB noise while operating, sometimes you may hear a fan noise only when it heats up.
1. Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer
- Capacity: 240Wh (16.8Ah, 14.4V)
- Battery Type: 67000mAh Lithium-ion Battery
- Input: 8mm DC, 12V~30V (42W max. )
- AC Output: 110V, 200W (400W peak.)
- Car Port: DC 12V, 10A , 120 Watt
- USB Outputs (2): 5V, 2.4A (each)
- Weight: 6.6 lbs
- Dimensions: 9.05*5.24*7.87in
Do you ever think you can run all of your devices like infotainment systems, can charge mobile devices and connect your portable fans and even chill your beer in any remote location with just a chargeable generator? Many do not believe it’s possible, but; it is possible nowadays thanks to advancements in technology.
When it comes to rechargeable power generators, Jackery is the most trusted name. This manufacturer is producing more various models with different specifications to cater to the needs of different people. Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 240 is their smallest and most compact variant and a trusted variant.
Campers and those who love to play music away from the grid, as well as people who need to run CPAP in camps, love this portable generator most as it’s easy to charge. It can be charged through multiple ways, a trustworthy as well as a reliable power source.
It makes carrying a power source easy, the lightweight feature makes it possible to pack this portable power source with other camping gears and or in a backpack and carry it wherever you want. There is no need to carry fuel with it while if you plan to stay for a longer time like 3 to five days you can carry a solar panel to charge it.
it is a completely quite solution.
2. BALDR Portable Power Station 330W
- Battery Capacity: 297wh
- AC Output: 110 V 300 watts
- DC Output: 1 vehicle port (maximum 12V / 10A 120W), 2 DC ports (maximum 12V / 5A 60W)
- Ports: QC 3.0 USB (5V / 3a, maximum 15W); 1 C type (5V / 3a, maximum 15W), Portable Charger
- Solar Charging: Yes
- Dimensions & Weight: 11.6 x 8.27 x 7.68, 7.1 pounds
It is most advanced form of portable generators which comes with a LCD information panels to keep the user updated about every information which is necessary. No need to keep your charger smart phone charger with you because its equipped with USB ports and a wireless charger which will enable you to charge your mobile convinetly anywhere.
It makes 0dB noise while running so it’s another quite portable power generator which will not bother you during your off the grid hours. You may use it during your travel in the car or in your RV as its quite and completely save as well as environment friendly.
In the power outage time, it can be used at home to power up necessary devices, quick to recharge, and perform its operations quietly. At the same time, during charging its fan remain in running condition while it also remains on when you run it at its full capacity. It comes with an ergonomic handle that allows you to lift and transport it easily.
3. ROCKPALS 300W Portable Power Station
- Battery Capacity: 280WH(75000mAh 3.7V/12V 18750mAh)
- AC Output: 110V AC (300W Rated / 600W Surge)
- DC Output: 4 DC 12V(48W*3+96W*1), 1 DC 24V (24V-3A)
- Ports: 4 USB 5V ports (two QC3.0 fast charge)
- Solar Charging: Yes
- Dimensions & Weight: 7.5 x 5.9 x 5.5, 7.3 lbs
If you want design, power and portability then its a solution designed for you. I like its intelligent protections system, I can say that its most innovative one and provide power quietly without making any noise. If you hide it then its hard to impossible from where the power is coming.
You can connect your smart devices with it without any charger either using 2.0 or fast charging USB port 3.0. It’s intellegent protection system protect your devices from overcurrent and also internal batteries from being heated and running completely out of power.
But its features do not end here. You can see how much power you are using on its information LCD and how much time it can last on connected devices. Obviously, it will help you to decide which devices to connect to and which to disconnect. We recommend this Quiet Portable Generator to run 110 V devices that need 300 watts maximum.
4. EGO Power+ PST3040 3000W Nexus Portable Power Station
- Battery Capacity: 560wh
- AC Output: 110 V 3000 watts
- DC Output: 3 120V A/C Outlets
- Ports: 4 USB Ports
- Solar Charging: Yes
- Dimensions & Weight: 18.33 x 13.26 x 14.51 inches
May be you are in view that quite portable generators are only available up to 1000 watts. I was having same view until 2018, but release of new products changed my view. In current era you can buy a rechargeable portable generator which do not make any noise up to 3000 watts.
The product in the spot light is a costly one but it can run any device that you name. When you are home from refrigerator to fans and TV you can power all the devices in case of power failure. When you are away from the grid it can run your devices for multiple days without recharging and its operations are quite enough.
On the green places where fuel based generators are not allow you can take this quite portable generator with you so you can stay connected with the family and friends and also can share your live experiences.
Whether you live in an area where a power outage is severe and need a portable generator to run your appliance or expect a rare weather event to occur, and maybe you need to run your appliance when you are away from the grid. A generator is an essential emergency tool kit; portable generators remain handy to be used anywhere at home, RV, at the camping site, or anywhere you need power.
A noisy generator is not often the best choice because it disturbs all, environment, personal life, and communication. Due to these reasons, we’ve rounded up the best quiet generators, pay attention to your wattage requirement and choose the right one from the above listed quietest generators.